Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fish! 金魚

We got a used aquarium set! It came with 6 fish, but 4 died in the first two days. So we got more fish. We set it next to our dining table, so we can gaze at the peacful fish as we eat.

古い水槽と金魚を友人から買いました。ダイニングテーブルの横に水槽を置き、食事を食べながら眺めています。


The kids picked names for the fish like, Eiki, Kouki (Names of their Japanese friends), Sushi, Yoshi, Yoyo, Hoho, Charles, Frances, Bubbles and Googles and the Stripey Twins.

子供たちは一匹一匹、魚たちに名前をつけました。えいき、こうき、すし、よし、ヨーヨー、ホーホー、チャールズ、フランシス、バブル、グーゴルなどです。


But then we found that two of the fish (Bubbles and Googles) were agressive--chasing other fish and nibbling on their fins. So we expelled them from the tank into a bucket overnight, and gave them to a pet store the next day.
Even though that saved the other fish, Meena still cried for the lost of Bubbles and Googles.
けれども、バブルとグーゴルは、他の魚を突き、乱暴です。他の魚たちの平和のために、ペットショップに返すことにしました。


Bubbles (right, pinkish) and Googles (gray, above Bubbles' head) in the Disciplinary Bucket
バケツに入れられた、バブルとグーゴルです。

1 comment:

  1. I love your tank. I am currently setting one up in my classroom. I have found that it helps calm down students who are overactive and who have trouble focusing. I will just put those individuals near the fish.

    ReplyDelete